We are getting ready! Entries linking all of the following sessions will soon be added here, and also scheduled in the Calendar of Events. Video and presentation materials are getting added online for each event.
Twenty-four papers presenting original work in 3D Web research and applications have been selected by the program committee.
- Papers session #1: Reality and Virtuality in Practical XR
- Papers session #2: 3D Web for Hyperconnected Applications
- Papers session #3: CAD Scalability and Realism on the Web
- Papers session #4: Extending Web3D/VR/XR in Content and Effects
- Papers session #5: Big, Small, Broad, Deep and Close
Welcome to the 25th Anniversary of the Web3D Conference – wow!!
- Plenary #1, Conference and Sponsor Welcome, Opening Keynote
- Plenary #2, Smart Cities Keynote, Web3D Consortium Town Hall, and Panel Discussion
- Plenary #3A, Web3D 2021 Committee (planning for next year)
- Plenary #3B, Web3D Conference Awards and Acknowledgements
Eleven posters presenting results of ongoing or recently completed work in 3D web research and applications have been selected by the program committee. Authors available for questions and discussion to discuss their new, cutting-edge work.
Six course tutorials are presenting introductory and advanced applications of 3D Web technologies to students and to experienced practitioners. Tutorial subjects include practices for authoring interactive 3D scenes and in using 3D graphics in diverse application areas.
- Tutorial #1, WXR: Remote Cooperation using WebXR Technology
- Tutorial #2, X3D4 Capabilities and HTML5 Publishing
- Tutorial #3, X3D4 Demos: Players and Tool Support
- Tutorial #4, X3D Ontology for Semantic Web Query of 3D Models and Metadata
- Tutorial #5, X3D4 Spatial Sound, Web Audio API and Acoustic Properties
- Tutorial #6, Humanoid Animation (HAnim) Motion Animation and Skeletal Modeling
INDUSTRIAL USE CASES – DIGITAL TWIN VISUALIZATION
Practitioners demonstrate how 3D web technologies may be used in industrial applications. This special annual track during Web3D 2020 is again devoted to industrial use cases to share inspiration, best practices and necessary requirements for using 3D in various application domains.
Workshops provide a forum for researchers and practitioners from both the Web and 3D multimedia communities to discuss and exchange positions on current and emergent 3D web topics. Workshops are presentation sessions moderated by workshop organizers or open discussions of new knowledge on a specific topic of interest. Many past workshops have led to important new lines of work.
- Workshop #1, Web3D User Experience (Web3DUX)
- Workshop #2, Recent Advances in Virtual Avatar Technology
- Workshop #3, Web 3D and Material Exchange: Adoption Requirements
These focused sessions provide a meeting opportunity for researchers and practitioners, ranging across the Web and 3D multimedia communities, to discuss views and exchange information on emerging 3D Web standardization topics.
- Standards Session #1, Opportunities for 3D Printing and Scanning Interoperability
- Standards Session #3, Smart Cities Workshop
- Standards Session #4, VR Cyber Sickness: Evaluation, Measurement, Standards
Submission Deadline: 24 October 2020! This annual competition is dedicated to showing how the Humanoid Animation (HAnim) and Extensible 3D (X3D) graphics standards can be used for creating animated music videos. The competition is organized by the Korean Standards Association (KSA) and Web3D Consortium. Judges will award three monetary prizes.
- HAnim Music Video Competition Awards
- HAnim Submission Requirements
- Original announcement: 2020 HAnim 3D Animated Music Video Competition
Presenting work from artists, content designers, and developers on their innovative 3D works. Artworks and applications developed on various platforms, including the web, desktop, mobile and VR/AR/XR systems will be presented.