The Spatio-Temporal Digital Twins workshop aims to bring together researchers and industry practitioners interested in exploring and applying the latest advances in the field. Spatio-temporal digital twins focus on spatial environments at all scales; they rely on the integration of technologies such as spatial AI, Metaverse, 3D modeling, analytics, simulation, and rendering. The workshop also considers their potential applications in various industries, including renewable energy, energy efficiency, mobility, smart cities, Industry 4.0, forestry, and ecological landscapes. The workshop will highlight the impact of AI, metaverse, and sensor technology on building interactive, connected 3D geospatial environments, and provide insights into how these environments can be built in terms of digital twins of real-world environments and provide the foundation for future smart, conscious environments.
The workshop will provide a platform for researchers to present and discuss their latest research findings, techniques, concepts, methods, and tools related to spatio-temporal digital twins. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Creation and modeling of spatio-temporal digital twins
- Data acquisition, processing, and integration for digital twin creation
- Visualization and simulation of spatio-temporal digital twins
- Interaction and user interfaces for spatio-temporal digital twins
- Applications of spatio-temporal digital twins in fields such as renewable energy, forestry, domotics, urban planning, landscape planning, etc.
- Performance optimization and scalability of spatio-temporal digital twins
- Challenges and future directions for spatio-temporal digital twins
Organizers and Workshop Chairs
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Döllner, University of Potsdam, Hasso-Plattner-Institute, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Raffaele de Amicis, Oregon State University, USA
- Prof. Dr. Salvador Merino, University of Málaga, Spain
We aim to foster an engaging and interactive workshop, promoting discussions and collaborations among attendees. The workshop will include presentations, discussions, and poster sessions, offering a platform to share research findings, work-in-progress, case studies, and industry experiences related to spatio-temporal digital twins.
We hope to attract researchers, industry practitioners, and students interested in geospatial 3D modeling, analysis, simulation, and rendering, as well as their applications in renewable energy, energy efficiency, mobility, smart cities, Industry 4.0, forestry, ecological landscapes, and related fields. This workshop will facilitate networking and collaboration, fostering the development of new ideas and partnerships in the field.
Submissions – 27th July, 2023
We invite original research, work-in-progress, case studies, and industry experiences related to spatio-temporal digital twins. Both short and full papers are welcome.