Évry is a multi-cultural city and a wide range of food is available throughout its many restaurants. See e.g. Tripadvisor and Google.
Downtown outstanding buildings
Évry holds some remarkable recent religious buildings.
- The Roman Catholic Cathedral of the Resurrection is the only cathedral built in France in the 20th century. Its modern architecture is shaped as a beveled cylinder. It was visited by Pope John Paul II in 1997.
- The Grand Mosque of Evry is the largest mosque in France. It is both a place of worship and an Islamic cultural center.
- Pagoda Khanh-Anh was inaugurated by Dalai Lama in 2008 and achieved in 2017. It is the largest Buddhist pagoda in Europe.
Other interesting places are listed on Tripadvisor.
Tourism around Évry
- Essonne holds interesting castles and historical places. Here is the extensive official guide (in French).
- Enjoy visiting Paris and Ile-de-France at wide, including Louvre Museum (the home of Mona Lisa) and the magnificent Versailles King’s castle.