We are ready! Entries linking all of the following sessions found here, also scheduled in the Calendar of Events and the Calendar At-a-Glance pages. Video and presentation materials are getting added online for each event.
Twenty-four papers presenting original work in 3D Web research and applications have been selected by the program committee.
- Papers session #1: Reality and Virtuality in Practical XR
- Papers session #2: 3D Web for Hyperconnected Applications
- Papers session #3: CAD Scalability and Realism on the Web
- Papers session #4: Extending Web3D/VR/XR in Content and Effects
- Papers session #5: Big, Small, Broad, Deep and Close
Welcome to the 25th Anniversary of the Web3D Conference – wow!!
- Plenary #1, Conference and Sponsor Welcome
- Plenary #2: Khronos Outlook and Web3D Consortium Town Hall
- Plenary #3A, Web3D 2021 Conference: Get Involved! (planning discussion for next year)
- Plenary #3B, Web3D Conference Awards, Acknowledgements and Demonstrations
Eleven Web3D Conference posters present results of ongoing or recently completed work in 3D web research and applications. Authors are available for questions and discussion to consider their new, cutting-edge work. Each poster has been competitively selected by the program committee and is published as part of conference proceedings in the ACM Digital Library.
SPECIAL TRACK: INDUSTRIAL USE CASES (IUC) and DIGITAL TWIN (DTw) VISUALIZATION
Practitioners demonstrate how 3D web technologies may be used in industrial applications. This special annual track during Web3D 2020 is again devoted to industrial use cases to share inspiration, best practices and necessary requirements for using 3D in various application domains.
These focused sessions provide a meeting opportunity for researchers and practitioners, ranging across the Web and 3D multimedia communities, to discuss views and exchange information on emerging 3D Web standardization topics.
- Standards Session #1, Opportunities for 3D Printing and Scanning Interoperability
- Representation and Visualization for Smart Cities has two sessions:
- Standards Session #4, VR Cyber Sickness: Evaluation, Measurement, Standards
Six course tutorials are presenting introductory and advanced applications of 3D Web technologies to students and to experienced practitioners. Tutorial subjects include practices for authoring interactive 3D scenes and in using 3D graphics in diverse application areas.
- Tutorial #1, WXR: Remote Cooperation using WebXR Technology
- Tutorial #2, X3D4 Capabilities and HTML5 Publishing
- Tutorial #3, X3D4 Demos: Players and Tool Support
- Tutorial #4, X3D Ontology for Semantic Web Query of 3D Models and Metadata
- Tutorial #5, X3D4 Spatial Sound, Web Audio API and Acoustic Properties
- Tutorial #6, Humanoid Animation (HAnim) Motion Animation and Skeletal Modeling
Workshops provide a forum for researchers and practitioners from both the Web and 3D multimedia communities to discuss and exchange positions on current and emergent 3D web topics. Workshops are presentation sessions moderated by workshop organizers or open discussions of new knowledge on a specific topic of interest. Many past workshops have led to important new lines of work.
- Workshop #1, Web3D User Experience (Web3DUX)
- Workshop #2, Recent Advances in Virtual Avatar Technology
- Workshop #3, Web 3D and Material Exchange: Adoption Requirements
This year’s Demonstrations session represent work from artists, content designers, and developers on their innovative 3D works. Art works and applications developed on various platforms, including the web, desktop, mobile and VR/AR/XR systems are being presented.
Demonstrations submission deadline is this week, please submit your work for consideration!
This annual competition is dedicated to showing how the Humanoid Animation (HAnim) and Extensible 3D (X3D) graphics standards can be used for creating animated music videos. The competition is organized by the Korean Standards Association (KSA) and Web3D Consortium. Judges will award three monetary prizes.
- HAnim Music Video Competition Awards
- HAnim Submission Requirements
- Original announcement: 2020 HAnim 3D Animated Music Video Competition
Video submission deadline closed 24 October 2020.