Founded in 1997, the Web3D Consortium is an international, non-profit, member-funded, industry standards development organization. The Web3D Consortium promotes deployment of X3D standards for the communication of interactive 3D scenes in multiple applications, use cases, platforms, and verticals. Members collaboratively develop the X3D standards and tools making them widely adopted across diverse markets for academia, government, industry, and individuals. The Web3D Consortium offers robust ISO standardized 3D functionality and long-term stability for enterprise solutions and interoperability with other standards.
Learn how Web3D Consortium is making lifetime 3D easily attainable, interoperable, and reusable through our active member community. The Web3D community is showing the broad impacts of multiple application using X3D Graphics, the royalty-free International Standard for 3D Graphics over the Web.
- Nicholas Polys, Virginia Tech (VT), Web3D President
- Anita Havele, Web3D Consortium Executive Director
- Vince Marchetti, KShell, Web3D Board of Directors
- Mike McCann, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI), Web3D Board of Directors and Treasurer
- Christophe MOUTON, Électricité de France (EDF), Web3D Board of Directors
- Myeong Won Lee, Suwon University, Chair Web3D Korea Chapter
- Don Brutzman, Naval Postgraduate School (NPS), Web3D Board of Directors