ACM SIGGRAPH Annual Web3D Conference – Call for Hosts 2022 and 2023
The Web3D Conference Steering Committee seeks Hosting Proposals for future editions of this established International conference. Web3D Conferences are sponsored by ACM SIGGRAPH in co-operation with Web3D Consortium.
This is a great opportunity to bring together researchers, developers, entrepreneurs, and artists from the 3D graphics community from around the world in a dynamic sharing and learning environment. Attendees share and explore methods of using, enhancing and creating new 3D Web and Multimedia technologies.
WEB3D CONFERENCE LOGISTICS. Web3D Conference is an annual event with a local host from a university or an organization. Typically it’s a 6-day event – 3 days of the Hackathon (optional) and 3 days of the conference, attended by ~100 worldwide professionals (educators, researchers, students and Industry). We look for institutions, hotels or conference centers in the center of the city, not too far from the airport where visiting downtown and restaurants is easy and close.
Due to the pandemic Web3D 2020 ( Seoul, Korea) and Web3D 2021 (Pisa, Italy) have been online virtual events. We are hoping 2022 and on-wards will be in person conferences or a hybrid.
Here are some of our requirements for an in-person conference:
- We will need 2 large conference rooms to accommodate ~100 attendees. Fast stable internet access, attendees will bring their own laptops but will need extension cords and power cables.
- A smaller room for breakup meetings.
- Lunch for 3 days for all attendees (buffet service is okay).
- Reception dinner typically on the second day, either at the conference hotel or at another memorable location.
- Conferences outside of the USA can be flexible with the dates from May to mid-October.
WEB3D CONFERENCE PROGRAM. The conference focuses on recent trends in interactive 3D graphics, information integration and usability in the wide range of Web3D applications from mobile devices to high-end immersive environments. Program consists of Keynote speakers, Research Papers, Tutorials (passing knowledge forward), Workshops (discussions on new technologies), Panel Sessions, and Demonstrations.
Please send your proposals to email@example.com
Proposals will be reviewed by the Conference Steering Committee and the Web3D Consortium Board of Directors.