The ISO Smart City concept integrates information and communications technology (ICT) and physical devices connected to the network (the Internet of Things or IoT) to optimize the efficiency of city operations and services for its citizens. An international Smart City uses the transformative power of data and technology to support management and integration of many physical, digital and social systems, thus enhancing their capabilities.
In this workshop, participants demonstrate how a shared standards-based approach might provide effective modeling, simulation, and visualization of Smart Cities. Workshop themes include:
- Introduce fundamental Smart City concepts such as smart energy management, surveillance, traffic management, smart health, smart buildings, and smart home.
- Identify types of data and information required to represent and visualize a Smart City.
- Present a range of information presentation and visualization techniques supporting Smart City data.
- Focus on common application of ISO/IEC standards to cross-cutting use cases for compelling Smart City challenges and needs.
- Provide examples that demonstrate the power of “mashup” information analysis using interactive visualization to gain insights.
Standards Session #2, Smart Cities (Europe-Asia): Nov 12 @ 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM UTC
|Introduction and Smart City Overview||Peter Ryan, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24|
|Representation and Visualization for Smart City||Peter Ryan (Australian Defense Science & Technology)|
|Health Information for VR Smart City||Myeong Won Lee and Seung-Pyo Lee (University of Suwon, Korea)|
|Smart City Reference Framework||Dapeng Zhang, Executive Secretary General of National Smart Cities Standardization General Working Group of China|
|Defining Requirements for 3D Visualization Standards in City Information Modelling (CIM), part 1||Michael Mulquin (Chair) and Chunlan Guo (member) IEC Smart Cities Systems Committee|
|Discussion||Panelists and attendees|
Standards Session #3, Smart Cities (Americas-Europe): Nov 12 @ 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM UTC
|Visualizing Data and Metadata: X3D Graphics Standard for Smart City Information Portrayal||Don Brutzman (US Naval Postgraduate School and Web3D Consortium)|
|Defining Requirements for 3D Visualization Standards in City Information Modelling (CIM), part 2||Michael Mulquin (Chair) and Chunlan Guo (member) IEC Smart Cities Systems Committee|
|Smart City Data Model||Mark Fox, School of Cities, University of Toronto|
|Discussion and Conclusions||Panelists and attendees|
Additional submissions for this workshop program are still possible. Contributors are requested to provide the following information. Please send all information to workshop organizers listed below.
- Title of presentation
- Short summary
- Name, affiliation and contact information for each presenter