Web3D 2020 will be fully virtual conference. Most of session will be organized with pre-recorded video and live Q&A session. All presenter should submit pre-recorded video. Furthermore, the organization committee recommend submitting your supplementary files including presentation file, representative images, and 3D data to representing your work. It will be exhibited to demonstrate your work on the conference web site. And it can be precious asset for Web3D community. File format for 3D data is x3d and glTF, however you can use any 3D data format which is its web viewer is publicly available.
2. Google Drive Location
- You can browse or download sample files such as template ppt, video files, license agreement templates, etc.
- You can upload your files with google survey link.
- All filenames you upload must be western character.
- Upload link can be changed, then you may receive your own upload link by email
3. Guideline for presentation video and presentation file
Mandatory: all authors of technical papers and posters should make and submit presentation video file.
- Video file format must be mp4 and less than 1 Gbytes
- Resolution must be 1920×1080 (Full HD) and more than 10 frames per second.
- Video should start-end with the designated video clip (start_end_clip.mp4 in Guide Folder)
- You should attach “start_end_clip.mp4” in your video stream
- We recommend that use web3d_template.pptx to record your video. The pptx file has start-end video clip.
- Submit image used to introduce your work on web (960 x 540, PNG format)
- Refer sample – “web3d_Sample_Video.mp4” and “web3d_Sample_Video.pptx”
- Running time of video are: (Paper – 15 minutes, Poster – 5~10 minutes, Other sessions depend on program)
Recommendation: we recommend sharing your presentation file
- Presentation file format must be pptx or pdf and less than 100 Mbytes
- Refer sample file – “web3d_Sample_Video.pptx”
4. Request for 3D Data
(Request) The conference organizers request sharing your 3D data to exhibit your research on the Web3D 2020 web site.
- Recommended 3D file formats are x3d, glTF(glb), COLLADA(dae), but you can use other formats if there is its web viewer publicly available.
- If your 3D file is composition of multiple files, you can pack into zip file and upload it. (Well known file archiving tool can be used – winzip, gzip, tar, etc.)
Please refer download feature in https://www.x3dom.org/examples/
- If possible, make your 3D contents in one directory/folder which can be serviced with web server. See logo_x3d.zip file
- Packed file must be smaller than 1 Gbytes
- You can also include your 3D data in your presentation file. (For example, glTF in PPTX file)
5. How to upload
- Visit Google Survey : https://forms.gle/D8AR11LYXUjUFwvFA
- (Mandatory) Write your email, easychair submission id, Full name of the submitter.
- (Mandatory) Upload your presentation video.
- (Mandatory) Upload your image files for representing your research result. (recommended image size is 960 x 540, It can be used for web pages to introduce your work)
- (Optional but we recommend) Upload your presentation file, 3D data file, etc. Please pack into one file with zip or gzip. Your 3D data can be used to exhibit your work and furthermore, it can be precious asset of Web3D community. You can use any 3D data format which is its web viewer is publicly available)
- You can modify your submission if you want.
6. If you need help
Contact Hwanyong Lee – Web3D 2020 Organizing Committee, Web Chair