Who can create the best HAnim Music 3D Character Animation?
- KSA FIRST PLACE (prize $1200)
- HAnim WG SECOND PLACE (prize $1000)
- Winners will be announced during the Web3D 2021 conference
Your composition must include:
- An X3D virtual stage (x3d file required, media files optional)
- An HAnim character (HAnim x3d files required)
- License free music (mp3 or avi file required with proof of license free status)
You may also use the design method of an HAnim character using 3ds MAX (this video shows how).
The HAnim wrl to x3d conversion tool can help with model upgrades and integration.
This year’s edition of the Hanim contest allows two types of submission:
- A 90 to 120 seconds music video showing a musical performance
- A 10 to 20 seconds music video showing a fashion catwalk (Web3D 2021 special, inspired by Digital Fashion in the Web Special Track)
In both cases, the submission must include:
- The associated X3D files and media files
- Proof of license for royalty-free music
- A completed contest entry summarizing your submission. Details include: title, author, a summary about the characters (max three lines), and 1-2 representative snapshot images. Competition details are maintained on the Web3D mailing lists and the Web3D Consortium website
All the instructions, updates, and the link to the online submission system will be posted soon on this webpage.
Submission deadline 22 October 2021.
Each submission will be judged on the following:
- creativity of 3D character animation
- use of the ISO/IEC 19774 specification (LOA1, LOA2, LOA3) for character models
- creativity of the virtual stage
- use of the ISO/IEC 19775-1 X3D specification
Winners will be contacted by Web3D 2021 conference organizers.
All questions about submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
Links to get started:
X3D Graphics Files: