We are looking for talented 3D artists and designers to jazz up the 2021 meeting!
The Web3D Conference is the major venue where people from academia and industry get together to show state of the art technologies and share new ideas about 3D and the web. This edition will have a special focus on two themes: Digital Fashion in the Web and Online Legacies and Cultural Heritage, and we expect several companies to participate. We believe it is a great opportunity to make your creative work visible in the right place. The logo and its author(s) will be presented at the opening ceremony and will have the opportunity to present their logo to the audience in a short talk.
We do not want to set boundaries to your creativity, everything goes, but please consider the following about the logo:
- It will be displayed on the web page of the conference, so it must be lightweight
- The model will be visible from any angle, it will be in a 3D HTML canvas, so it’s not meant to be seen only from specific directions
- It will not (in general) be full screen, so be sure that it’s meaningful in medium/small sizes
- It can be animated or interactive, but do not go overboard with this, it’s still a logo
- You can take inspiration from the focus themes of the 2021 edition
- It’s ok to include some kind of reference to the year 2021
- It’s ok to propose a restyling of the general Web3D logo:
The logo must be submitted in X3D format. The author will be credited with his/her name on the Web3D 2021 website and will retain the intellectual property of the logo. He/she will only give permission to use it until the end of the year 2021.
All the instructions, updates, and the link to the online submission system will be posted soon on this webpage.
Submission deadline 22 October 2021.
Winners will be contacted by Web3D 2021 conference organizers.
All questions about submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The general Web3D logo in X3D format can be downloaded here.