Welcome to Web3D 2020 Conference – 3D for a Hyperconnected World!
- The Twenty Fifth Web3D Conference Awards, Acknowledgements and Demonstrations session was inspiring, we look forward to sharing the video.
- Web3D 2020 Conference Committee members are following up to ensure that all session presentations and videos are online. Here is our TODO list.
- Now that all video presentations have been seen, Program Cochairs are working on Best Paper awards. More to follow.
- Web3D 2021 Conference planning meeting was successful. You are welcome to get involved!
Live sessions for our conference worked well. Grateful thanks to our Korean hosts for rapidly pivoting the entire conference to a custom Zoom channel, mere days before the conference itself! Careful preparation paid off.
- Korean Cultural Heritage Administration (CHA) has provided the Web3D Conference with valuable 3D heritage data. Model files and data assets are available in google drive storage that is more than 30 GBytes, so please download carefully (selectively) under license terms for non-commercial use only. If possible, please notify CHA’s contribution on your usage. Data will be maintained at least end of the year in same location, then it can be move to other location. Special thanks to Mr. Uk-su Kwak (student of Ajou University) with his effort for manipulation and format changing of data. Thank you CHA!
- The Web3D Consortium Cultural and Natural Heritage Working Group has expressed interest in these reviewing, documenting, archiving and publishing these assets as a potential open-source project.
- Web3D 2020 Live has Zoom Webinar connection information for the entire conference.
- Announce: Web3D 2021 Conference! Feel free to join the Planning Meeting.
- Plenary #3B, Web3D Conference Awards, Acknowledgements and Demonstrations concludes our conference with the Demonstrations reel.
Conference Week, 9-13 November 2020
- ACM Digital Library has published Web3D 2020 Papers and Posters, freely available to public for 30 days.
- We have started – hooray! Twitter @Web3d2020 gives conference updates.
- Live sessions are Wednesday-Friday, 11-13 November in four daily time blocks.
- Please see the Calendar of Events for schedule details, all times UTC.
- Visitors are encouraged to Register to stay informed of future progress.
Online Conference Preparations
- Zoom Training for Session Chairs (event and slideset) and Speakers (event and slideset).
- Student Volunteers had a successful training session.
- Speakers are uploading content for website publication.
- Call for Demonstrations by Web3D Consortium finished accepting videos of cool Web3D content, deadline 6 November 2020. Accepted videos will appear on the Web3D 2020 Demonstrations page.