Keywords. 3D printing, 3D scanning, ISO JTC 1
Abstract. The purpose of JTC 1 Working Group 12 (Systems Integration WG) is to develop ICT standards specifically relevant to digitally enabling the prototyping and manufacturing of physical objects.
As necessary and when not covered elsewhere, this will include nomenclature, frameworks, interface and protocol specifications, and format specifications required for facilitating the digital control of the production and supply of physical objects including but not limited to additive and subtractive fabrication and automated assembly and distribution.
3D Printing and 3D Scanning are inherently cyber-physical systems. As such, many standardization opportunities cannot be addressed from a strictly ICT point-of-view. Collaboration with other standards bodies with complementary areas of expertise will be required in many cases.
- Identification of immediate opportunities for common interests and necessary next-step strategies for future collaboration with other SDOs.
- Clearly articulated report enabling concerted efforts by ISO/IEC 3D Printing and Scanning standards committees over longer term.
- ISO/IEC JTC 1/WG 12(3D Printing & Scanning): Dr. Byoung Nam Lee, WG12 Convenor
- 3D Scanning Meta Data: Prof. Hwanyong Lee, Liaison with Khronos Group
- Medical Image-Based Modelling: Prof. Kyu-won Shim, Project Editor
- Web3D Consortium Design Printing and Scanning (DPS) Working Group Interoperability Initiatives with X3D4, Dr. Vincent Marchetti, KShell
- Panel discussion
- B.N. Lee convenor, Study Group Report on 3D Printing and Scanning, ISO/IEC JTC 1 Information Technology, document ISO/IEC JTC 1 N13604, 17 SEP 2017
- Link to Presentation Slidesets
- Link to Presentation and Demo Videos (if any)
- Link to Representative 3D (if any)
- Link to references and other assets (if any)